Are you hungry to build a company? Are you energized by engaging with prospects on behalf of a great set of services? Do you want to contribute to a winning team? Are you a highly motivated individual ready to take your career to the next level?
Allied Telecom Group is the region’s most highly regarded network service provider. Based in the Washington DC Metro Area, serving businesses along the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Corridor, we’re a single source provider of Internet, Data Transport, Voice, Unified Communications, and Professional Services. For over 20 years Allied has been distinguished by the expert, full service care we provide to every client – no matter how big or small.
Poised for a period of dramatic growth, Allied is in search of a seasoned, accomplished, respected Sales Development Manager.
Allied is seeking a Sales Development Manager to manage our team of Sales Development Representatives who are responsible for driving qualified leads for our sellers. This role is responsible for the hiring and training of SDRs and the ongoing management of leads on an individual level. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, this position is a critical part of Allied’s Sales process, as you and your team DRIVE our incoming revenue. The candidate should enjoy working in collaborative, team-based environment and must have a passion for and familiarity with social media, digital media, consumer insights and emerging marketing technologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Team Development:
- Lead, develop, and inspire a team of Sales Development Representatives and optimize team structure and processes in key areas such as: role definition, hiring, on-boarding, ongoing skill testing, performance management, etc.
- Recognize opportunities for improvement and in both methodology and team members and take action when needed.
- Operational Management:
- Build target prospect list.
- Develop niche specific scripts and email templates.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to develop prospecting campaigns.
- Cold email and call into target accounts.
- Pipeline Management:
- Ensure proper pipeline development to meet short term and long term revenue goals from lead generation.
- Build SLA based model for key handoff points and aggressively manage opportunity utilization.
- Sales Operations: Work closely with supporting functions within the organization to ensure full support of selling efforts (e.g finance, marketing)
- Culture and Motivation:
- Create a positive culture within the team that is equal parts collaboration and healthy competition
- Maintain a high level of enthusiasm and motivation within your team through excellent leadership
- Bachelor's and advanced degree from a reputable university preferred
- Proven Track Record of sales management in a technology based environment
- 2+ years of prior hands-on SDR experience
- 2+ Years of sales mgmt. experience
- Excellent understanding of business & technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to overcome objections; candidate will need to come prepared to engage interviewer in a mock scenario
- Strong knowledge and experience working in SalesForce.com
- Ability to work in a team environment, both as a leader and as a colleague
- Experience selling into new prospect markets and geography
- Data driven approach to pipeline management and leads forecasting
- Results oriented with a track record of repeatedly delivering great results
- Inventor and innovator who has already proven it
- Business Adventurer who does what it takes to achieve team success
- High standards and relentless in maintaining them
- Customer obsessed
- Solid work ethic, self-disciplined, organized, great time management
- Detail oriented and self-starter who can multi-task
- Driven, with a burning desire to be a part of something really big
- Confident, yet humble and authentic
- High energy, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A top-notch communicator who is adept at influencing, persuading and conveying ideas in a meaningful way to secure commitment and support from others while generating excitement and enthusiasm.
- Team Player who thrives in a collaborative environment
More About Allied Telecom Group, LLC
Allied has a commitment to its Community, Employees and Employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits at a low cost – Health Insurance, FSA, HSA, 401(k), PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, Training and Give Back! Programs are just a few of the perks!
Allied is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer and evaluates applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Allied complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.