Allied’s Service Delivery Team mission is to create and foster customer loyalty by providing Allied customers an exceptional implementation experience. The Director of Service Delivery is accountable for the daily supervision, management and development of staff and long term strategy of the department. This position requires strong alignment with the Engineering, Support, Sales and Finance organizations. In addition, this position is also responsible for the operational execution of rapidly growing Allied’s Lit Building portfolio as well as expansion into new markets.
- Lead the development and execution of key processes and metrics that drive efficient customer installations and lit building implementation intervals.
- Drive continuous improvement with service delivery process flows to reduce inefficiencies, installation costs, and chronic issues.
- Responsible for operational execution of network optimization activities relating to circuit grooming, customer migrations, and circuit disconnects.
- Lead team responsible for implementation of Allied’s managed VoIP services mitigating LNP and provisioning errors and automate manual provisioning processes.
- Drive circuit provisioning team to adhere to vendor circuit SLAs for delivery and turn-up and enhancing expertise on vendor delivery processes.
- Ensure internal and external vendor escalation procedures are maintained and uniformly followed.
- Provide thought leadership to enhance Allied’s order management CRM related to task management, process automation, and asset management for network elements.
- Lead the development and execution of key metrics that drive efficient site surveys, installation, and test and turn-up processes related to all customer and lit building activities.
- Develop and manage MEF compliant testing procedures for ethernet circuit delivery and acceptance.
- Develop and manage contractor agreements and certification process in multiple markets.
- In collaboration with Engineering, responsible for the installation and ongoing/proactive maintenance of Allied’s Lit Building portfolio, Central Offices, Data Centers, and NGN Nodes (Core Network).
- Develop and manage repair SLAs across multiple markets including on-call and emergency response procedures.
- Manage and maintain Allied vehicle fleets in accordance with leasing and insurance requirements.
- Proactive management of inventory levels related to all Allied assets related to the core and edge networks, customer CPE leased through Allied, and IT equipment.
- Develop and manage controls around asset management for outgoing and returned equipment.
- Manage purchase requisition and procurement process for standard (recurring) and non-standard (non-recurring) purchases.
- Establish IT SLAs related to response time and formalize ITSM procedures to quantify number of requests and request types.
- Manage the systems and hardware deployment for new hires and retrieval/decommissioning for terminations.
- Provide desktop and systems support and issue resolution for employees including managing office systems (AV, LAN, Conference Scheduling).
- Manage operating expense budgets for employee and non-employee expenses.
- Develop and manage positional salary bands, job descriptions, and employee training and development.
- Drive maintaining process flow documentation and knowledge in a centralized database.
- Drive a culture of accountability and ongoing learning through educational workshops both internal and external.
- Develop and maintain departmental and individual objectives and KPI’s that drive revenue and reaching the employee’s full potential.
- Drive quarterly performance reviews tied to company, department, and individual objectives and KPIs.
- Seasoned leader with 5+ years of experience in:
- Managing high-performing operational teams in a rapidly growing technology organization.
- Deploying and supporting enterprise VOIP solutions.
- Deploying and maintaining large scale, carrier grade networks with the latest Ethernet technologies.
- Managing multiple telecommunication carriers and/or Internet Service Providers.
- Deploying voice and data services to customers preferably in a carrier or ISP environment.
- Managing and leading network and telecom performance management applications.
- Working in a high volume, customer-facing operations environment, providing efficient issue resolution.
- Managing the large-scale inventory and network assets.
- Experience hiring, building and working through managers / team leaders to build highly effective teams that include direct reports and/or non-direct reports.
- High level of strategic and technical knowledge to assess the existing status, systems, processes and people then quickly develop and execute on a plan that includes how to identify the right people, delegate, manage and support their people to execute on the plan.
- Project management experience for large and small-scale operations roll outs including budgetary responsibilities.
- Proven experience in establishing and driving process improvement initiatives, building documented systems and procedures.
- Proven leadership in VoIP operations and establishing performance metrics.
- Experience and understanding of telecom regulations.
- Proven leadership ability to work across functions in a team environment and to communicate clearly, works tactfully and effectively both orally and in writing with internal and external customers.
- Proven problem solving experience of technical and non-technical problems and outlining advantages and disadvantages of alternative solutions.
- Experienced in drafting and negotiation of contracts, including request for proposals and requests for quotes.
- Ability to maintain adherence to established organization and vendor service level agreements.
- Experience in supporting mission-critical 24x7 telecom & network services.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience
About Allied Telecom Group, LLC
Allied Telecom Group is the region’s most highly regarded network service provider. Based in the Washington DC Metro Area, serving businesses along the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Corridor, we’re a single source provider of Internet, Data Transport, Voice, Unified Communications, and Professional Services. For over 20 years Allied has been distinguished by the expert, full service care we provide to every client – no matter how big or small.
Allied has a commitment to its Community, Employees and Employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits at a low cost – Health Insurance, FSA, HSA, 401(k), PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, Training and "Give Back!" Programs are just a few of the perks!
Allied is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer and evaluates applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Allied complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.