The Junior Business Data Analyst will provide business, market, and financial analysis support to senior management and other departments as requested. Additionally, the Junior Business Data Analyst will provide daily, monthly, annual and ad hoc reporting for both internal business units and external third-party relationships. Finally, this role will create and update data and maintain data integrity across critical business support systems.
Key areas of responsibility
- Analyze data to identify integrity issues and to make recommendations for data requests to meet system and reporting requirements.
- Create and maintain reporting systems to enable standardized information and reports.
- Support individual customer basis (ICB) approval process and analysis.
- Support CIO in development and execution of company-wide reporting and analytics.
- Support Sales efforts from a planning and cost analysis perspective.
- Engage third-party vendors on quote requests, circuit porting, and contract requests.
- Assist in the execution of a complete vendor evaluation for business support systems as requested culminating in a vendor recommendation. This includes the creation of a vendor analysis and decision document.
- Building data analysis and management in business support systems (BSS) platforms as necessary.
- Assist in Proof of Concept (POC) testing for custom software solutions. This includes the creation of a test plan and results document.
- Interact with various inter and intra departmental peer groups to cooperatively achieve best results in all assigned tasks.
- Execute assigned tasks within assigned timeframes and budgets. May work with and take direction from department or senior management to ensure completion as necessary.
- Collaboration with Sales, Operations, Engineering, Finance, and Marketing for ad-hoc reporting and analysis through data mining, analysis and reporting.
- Raw data collection and manipulation from disparate sources
- Data quality checks and updates to ensure accuracy of data being ingested
General Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, math, economics, or computer science.
- 1-3 years of experience as an individual contributor within a service provider as a business analyst a plus (recent College graduate also acceptable).
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in using operating systems to include Mac OS X, Windows XP/7, Unix (or Unix variants) and/or Linux experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of a variety of database structures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel or comparable spreadsheet tool.
- Experience with financial and economic modeling with an understanding of basic business statistical analysis (descriptive statistics, regression, analysis of variance, etc.)
- Ability to work as a contributing member to a project team as well as work in a self-directed and independent environment.
- Work on multiple tasks at any one time while maintaining high quality standards.
- The candidate must be energetic, driven and committed to project success while working under tight time constraints and pressure.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Ability to interact with company executives and senior external personnel.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner.
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and always be congenial with other employees and customers.
- Must be able effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture, and can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
About Allied Telecom Group
Allied Telecom Group is the region’s most highly regarded network service provider. Based in the Washington DC Metro Area, serving businesses along the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Corridor, we’re a single source provider of Internet, Data Transport, Voice, Unified Communications, and Professional Services. For over 20 years Allied has been distinguished by the expert, full service care we provide to every client – no matter how big or small.
Allied has a commitment to its Community, Employees and Employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits at a low cost – Health Insurance, FSA, HSA, 401(k), PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, Training and "Give Back!" Programs are just a few of the perks!
Allied is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer and evaluates applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Allied complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.