The UCaaS Engineer will be a key member of the Engineering team who will be responsible for assisting with high level technical escalations, patching and system upgrades, proof of concept/product development efforts, development of system documentation and internal training. The UCaaS Engineer should be capable of a high level of independent work while balancing the demands of both project-based and ad hoc tasks. The most critical qualifications for this role are having a proven track record of success, high energy and motivation, and the “can-do” attitude to make a difference in a fun, fast paced environment.
- Assist in the ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of our BroadSoft BroadWorks-based UCaaS solution.
- Assist in the ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of our Sansay SBC solution.
- Perform system maintenance, including patch evaluations and recommendations, systems upgrade recommendations, development of MOPs and test plans, lab testing, and execution of patching/upgrades in concert with the Operations team.
- Assist in proof of concept and product development efforts to include lab testing, provisioning of new endpoints and applications.
- Assist the Service Delivery team with troubleshooting support related to the provisioning and deployment of UCaaS services for new and existing customers.
- Assist in the resolution of customer impacting tier 3/4 operational issues.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Create and deliver internal training on various job-related topics to NOC and other technical staff.
- Create and maintain technical relationships with vendors providing voice network components to Allied Telecom. This includes staying abreast of new hardware platforms or new features on existing hardware platforms that could benefit existing or future clients.
- Develop and hone necessary skills associated with UCaaS & IP networking in order to perform effectively and advance to senior technical levels.
- Interact with various inter and intra departmental peer groups to cooperatively achieve best results in all assigned tasks.
- Execute assigned tasks within assigned timeframes and budgets. May work with and take direction from project managers to ensure completion as necessary.
Required Skills and Experience
- 4 – 7 years of progressive experience as an individual contributor in the service provider voice/UC&C environment
- BroadSoft BroadWorks Technical Certification
- Expert level knowledge of the BroadSoft Broadworks platform ranging from client facing troubleshooting to system patching and maintenance
- Experience providing Collaboration services via BroadWorks UMS, USS, and UVS platforms
- Sansay Technical Certification a plus
- Working knowledge of the Sansay VSXi platform required
- Experience with BroadSoft client branding
- Ability to troubleshoot all aspects of service delivery to include endpoint, device provisioning, LAN and WAN connectivity, and associated protocols/services such as ARP, DHCP, FTP, CDP/LLDP, etc.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- The maturity to understand that your biggest asset is not your knowledge but your ability to use your knowledge to help others be successful
- The ability and desire to work when and as needed to ensure the availability of services for our clients
- As an essential function of this position, the employee must be able to handle high levels of stress satisfactorily and be congenial with other employees and customers at all times
- Bachelor’s degree and/or combination of experience and education
Allied Telecom Group is the region’s most highly regarded network service provider. Based in the Washington DC Metro Area, serving businesses along the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Corridor, we’re a single source provider of Internet, Data Transport, Voice, Unified Communications, and Professional Services. For over 20 years Allied has been distinguished by the expert, full-service care we provide to every client – no matter how big or small.
Allied has a commitment to its Community, Employees and Employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits at a low cost – Health Insurance, FSA, HSA, 401(k), PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, Training and "Give Back!" Programs are just a few of the perks! Allied is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer and evaluates applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Allied complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.