The Director, NOC is responsible for providing day to day direction and leadership support to the Network Operations (NOC) department. This includes, but is not limited to, accountability for both employee and customer experience, meeting SLA(s), budgeting and directing all activities across the functional areas. Reporting to the SVP of Operations, he/she will be responsible for measuring performance and monthly departmental KPI reporting.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Direct NOC Staff
- Oversee NOC staff, including NOC Manager(s) and team members, serving clients on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Identify and remediate deficiencies within the Network Operations Center
- Oversee talent and performance management, including involvement in team selection performance reviews.
- Oversee staffing schedules, ensuring clients are best served.
Technical Management of NOC
- Provide escalation support for staff to best serve clients.
- Ensure quality assurance initiatives are in place, including, but not limited to, the monitoring of support calls to ensure staff are delivering quality information and support to clients that is courteous, timely, professional and effective.
- Provide leadership direction for training initiatives and ongoing department training
- Provide coaching to NOC Manager(s), and when necessary, to individual employees, to develop and improve skill sets and improve job performance.
- Review call center reports for staffing and shift turnover handling as appropriately.
- Monitor ticket processing to insure tickets are being aggressively worked and SLAs addressed.
- Analyze and report support metrics and trends.
Process Development and Implementation
- Ensure SOP are in place, enforced and monitored for improvements.
- Oversee and monitor the development, documentation and implementation of necessary processes to ensure consistently high performance in all areas.
- Produce departmental metrics to monitor results and identify areas requiring improvement.
- Ensure service documentation is monitored and updated as necessary to enforce proper and consistent results.
- Manage and maintain on-boarding process for training new hires and continued learning for existing staff.
- Ensure appropriate resources are engaged in incident resolution.
- Monitor and oversee all aspects of the incident resolution ensuring processes are followed and appropriate ticket handling.
- Ensure timely and appropriate internal and external customer/Partner communication occur throughout incident.
- Act as an escalation point for Sales, customer/Partner and external third-party issues.
- Oversee and review incidents to identify deficiencies and foster continual improvement in operations.
- Identify and research chronic situations, create stability plan(s) to ensure retention of customer(s) and revenue.
- Ensure customer notifications are within SLA scheduling while overseeing the maintenance schedule for network elements.
- Report project status to Senior management and other appropriate resources, as identified.
- Maximize the efficiency of the process, evaluate and identify enhancements.
- Establish relationships with all third-party carriers and meet quarterly to measure performance for key Carriers.
- Maintain current vendor escalation/contact lists.
- Develop and ensure adherence to a vendor escalation process to resolve incidents per SLA
- Ensure proper documentation of service interruption resulting from vendor issues to enable requests for SLA credits to be processed.
Ensure Cross-functional Teamwork
- Develop relationships and work closely with other departments
- Define and monitor department handoffs between teams.
- Ensure superior communication between teams.
- Contribute to and embody the Allied culture adopting the core values and encouraging/requiring the same from the team.
- Consult with:
- Accounting: Budget adherence and ownership, equipment RMA and ordering, provide support and research client billing discrepancies
- Executive: Meet with Officers of company, for customer briefings and coordinate activities
- Engineering: Manage weekly meetings; trend analysis, maintenance scheduling, RFO, security concerns on a day-to-day basis. Escalate complex issues to engineering team for resolution following up to insure response
- Field Services Team: Oversee timely response to field services technicians while ensuring timely resolution of maintenance and repair issues
- Sales Team: Interact with team to mitigate issues for new and existing clients, provide guidance to sales team with monitoring and repair SLA
- Ability to interface with all functions at all levels within the organization
- A Strong work ethic and capable of handling stress while working effectively under deadlines, independently, and within a collaborative team orientated environment
- Strong customer relations experience including positive and proactive customer engagement to resolve issues and challenges as they arise
- Exceptional leadership skills with proven track record of building high performance teams
- Excellent skills in process and people management
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Superior Written and Oral Communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Results-focused and detail-oriented with proven KPI development and measuring for improvements and efficiency
- Ability to resolve conflict
- General knowledge of IT networks, ISP Services, Routing Protocols, VoIP, Network Management, Routers, and Switches and various network device s
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an IT/Data/Voice and Hosted or PBx
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Manager in an NOC/TAC/SOC call center environment
- 5 years’ experience managing operations teams in a demanding fast paced environment
Allied Telecom Group is the region’s most highly regarded network service provider. Based in the Washington DC Metro Area, serving businesses along the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Corridor, we’re a single source provider of Internet, Data Transport, Voice, Unified Communications, and Professional Services. For over 20 years Allied has been distinguished by the expert, full-service care we provide to every client – no matter how big or small.
Allied has a commitment to its Community, Employees and Employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits at a low cost – Health Insurance, FSA, HSA, 401(k), PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, Training and "Give Back!" Programs are just a few of the perks! Allied is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer and evaluates applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Allied complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.