Allied has served the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast Regions as a highly regarded, single source provider of managed Internet, cloud, network, and enterprise Unified Communications solutions since 1996. Amidst a telecom industry all-too-often known for poor customer service and slow resolution, Allied has long differentiated itself through personal client care, quick response times, and even same day installations to "save the day" for clients. In doing so, we've built a reputation as a trusted technology partner who offers sophisticated technical expertise coupled with exceptional service. This client-focused approach to business is anchored in the simple words of our Core Values: Integrity, Stewardship, Empowerment, CaNI (Constant and Never-Ending Improvement), and Excellence. In the spirit of these Values, we strive to cultivate an environment and culture that encourages each member of our team to reach their individual Full Potential, and, in doing so, help Allied achieve and maintain its Full Potential as an organization.
The Channel Development Manager will develop and implement partner growth utilizing an extended Sales Force outside of the Allied office. The ideal candidate for this role will be both a solutions-oriented and business astute sales person capable of positioning Allied Telecom within our existing partners as their “Go to” professional services partner. This is a true partnership model, supported by delivery, R&D and marketing teams to facilitate initial opportunities, and effectively support ongoing and growing partner sales opportunities. This role requires someone who “thinks outside the box” as well as possesses entrepreneurial qualities which allows them to face challenges with ease. Allied believes in being carrier agnostic, leveraging the best technologies and crafting custom solutions for our clients when it comes to connectivity. We provide our partners and customers with the most robust possible broadband, voice and cloud solutions. We always develop a strong understanding of key differentiators, internal/external systems, sales methodologies and processes. This qualified person will become an expert on network connectivity, Hosted VOIP and cloud service offerings; while assisting our Partners with reseller recruitment and selling all Allied services. The most critical qualifications for the CDM are that they must have a proven track record of success, strong business acumen, high energy and motivation, and the “can-do” attitude to make a difference in a fun, fast-paced environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Lead Generation and Qualification:
- Create and maintain relationships with Partner sales organizations at all levels.
- Recruit new partners increasing the CDMs portfolio of partners.
- Remain current and engaged with relevant Partner sales opportunities.
- Actively participate in Partner and industry events coordinated with Partners.
- Engage company subject matter experts, executives and sales engineering as appropriate directly with Partner sales reps and Company provided opportunities.
- Define needs and engagement criteria for Company resource support including capability demonstrations, call/meeting support and proposal support.
- Manage acceptable and appropriate cost of sales and relationship management investments.
- Ensure appropriate subject matter is engaged in development and approval of all client commitments.
- Understand what is required to successfully manage and grow a base of business with partners and agents.
- Qualify agent opportunities effectively and understand what to do and what not to do to win business with Allied Partners
- Call on existing and prospective agents for the purpose of developing new business; support Partners at the highest level.
- “Own” the closing process and task management from Partners, while engaging Company resources as necessary
- Maintain relationships with partners that are dormant to reactivate and cultivate and recruit new partners.
- Participate (lead and/or assist) the team effort to respond to requests for proposals, qualifications, and other information required in pursuit of new or existing business.
- Maintain exceptional partner relations.
- Providing training, support, information, and guidance
- Working with partner to assure effective client communications and up sell opportunities
- Form and propose solutions to clients’ needs through partners with a focal point on Allied’s strategic goal of increasing profitable revenue.
- Train and educate partners on new products offerings, spiffs, special promotions and how to sell Allied.
- Consistent and regular communication with partners to conduct client reviews. Conduct monthly client accounts reviews to size and implement Client retention planning and approach with Partners.
- Achieve and exceed monthly and quarterly quotas set in place.
- Initiate and manage the on-boarding of new channel partners.
Sales Team Collaboration:
- Contribute to team efforts while collaborating with all Allied team members to support winning the engagement.
- Help differentiate our products and services to increase our chances to win.
- Build consensus on unique marketing strategies.
- Unify our sales force strengths.
- Analyze reseller, partner and agent capacities to ensure top performance and ROI.
- Understand back office (MSAs, IAA, SalesForce & processes).
- Communicate best practices regularly with the other team members.
- Participate in a weekly team sales meeting and work with the Allied sales team for solutions, and proposals.
- Participate in a weekly one on one sales meeting with the Director of Channel.
- Complete transparency when it comes to uncovering opportunities that don't align with the CDMs swim lane. Transition the opportunity to the right person without hesitation.
- Follows and adheres to the rules of engagement with other team members and does not put his or her integrity in jeopardy.
- Willing to split deals and opportunities in a fair manner and does what is right all of the time.
Sales Planning and Marketing:
- Collect market intelligence and assess the competition by building a thorough assessment on how to outsell the competition (what products and services they are providing, how do they do things differently, what do we need to do to position ourselves).
- Identify and analyze new opportunities and wins.
- Stay current on competitive intelligence with clients to create case studies as well as things they are doing wrong so mistakes are not repeated.
- Host and attend networking events.
- Must keep up-to-date with technology related to the solutions we sell in and communicate it to the Channel
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Develop a strategic partner plan for targeted new account that is constantly being adjusted and improved and is transparent to the National Director of Channel Sales.
- Secure appropriate subject-matter-expertise for the solutions being provided.
- Participate in developing a yearly marketing plan and strategic plans for top five to ten partners.
- Develop and oversee the presentation strategy (format, objectives, features, benefits, differentiators, etc.).
- Work directly with the Director of Channel as well as marketing to strategically align the plan with gaining more business from existing partners as well as adding new partners to the portfolio.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years in a Channel or Wholesale Sales role or technical Sales experience with proven track record of achieving sales quota.
- Professional telephone skills (voice/manner).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- High degree of integrity.
- Excellent collaborator.
- High drive to complete tasks accurately with a high attention to detail.
- Excellent administrative skills including Salesforce experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Thrives under deadline pressures with constant distractions from outside influences.
Allied has a commitment to its Community, Employees and Employees’ families. We offer outstanding benefits at a low cost – Health Insurance, FSA, HSA, 401(k), PTO, Holiday Pay, Employee Assistance, Training and "Give Back!" Programs are just a few of the perks! Allied is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer and evaluates applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Allied complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.